Website design isn’t simply regarding aesthetics. Websites fascinate visitors and change people’s understanding of the product, business, and brand through a mix of pointers, comprising visuals, text, and interactions, meaning each component of your website has to work towards an outlined goal.
So how does one build that impactful website that considers every style and performance into a thought.
Designing a website is the method of formulating, conceptualizing, and arranging content. Today, planning a website goes far beyond aesthetics to incorporate the website’s overall functionality. Web style additionally includes web apps, mobile apps, and user interface.
If you’re looking to design your website go through these steps to effectively build your website.
Establish your goal or Objective of Website Design
Before creating a website make sure you’re aware of what you’re expecting out of your website. With so many website styles to choose from, decide what kind is best suitable for you to achieve your goal.
- A business website to grow your business
- A resume building website to captivate the probable employers
- A blog page to share your understanding with the people
- A photography website to showcase and sell
- A fitness website to attract the new customers
- An event website for birthdays, weddings, and parties
- An eatery website for online orders, delivery, and payments.
How to Design a Website
After deciding what kind is needed for you, it is now time to design your website. As you embark on this journey make sure you keep your goals in mind and how this design is going to help you achieve your objectives.
1.Select your website builder
Now that you’re aware of your goals, choose the right website builder to obtain the desired objectives. A website builder is a forum on which you design, customize and publish a website with or without coding knowledge.
2.Specify your website layout or format
Now when you have logged into your chosen platform, it’s time to conceptualize your website format. If you want to start fresh you may have to map out your website’s design on a sheet of paper, or you can use the pre-designed template which is created by professionals. Get some inspiration from examples of the website while you browse through the best website designs, take down the ideas you like the most, and modify accordingly.
3.Insist your domain name
A domain name is nothing but your web address, where visitors will see in the bar of their browser when they click “www”. It is crucial to register your domain name for online success. Websites with personalized domains are perceived to be more professional and trustworthy by internet users. When you choose a domain name wisely it helps search engines such as Google to easily find out what your website is all about. This is important as it can bring more traffic to your website.
So how do you choose your domain name? To make it easy and memorable keep it
- Short: the longer the domain address, the chances that people misspell it
- Simple: do not include any special character, symbols, and numerical avoid using them
- Professional: your domain name must include your name or your business name to avoid complication
- Evocative: Give an idea about what you do in your domain by including words that are related to your business
5.Compile your content
Now when you have led the foundation, it’s time to get logical and ready the content that you’re going to put out on the website, which comprises your texts, logos, videos, pictures, and more. Try to use your original or own materials rather than taking them from outside. Even if you take just to make sure you collect your resources legally. When you have ample materials ensure you put out quality over quantity. It’s important to display quality content as it can grab the attention of the people, otherwise, a visitor would hardly be interested in your content. Ultimately, make sure your content is completely branded, everything from written content to fonts, colors and style should express who you and your brand stand for.
6.Put in the right pages
Every business is different, so are websites. Nonetheless, your visitors will look for formal sections. So if you decide on a multipage website design, consider adding these pages
- Homepage: Here you have the best opportunity to create the best impression. As it is the first thing that visitors will see, make sure you keep it clean and clear. It should clearly express who you are and what you do. An organized homepage design interests the visitors to navigate through your site.
- About us: Talk about your journey and share your values and methods and other information that define your company
- Contact page: when customers want to reach you, you should be easily available for them. So make sure you mention your contact numbers, email address, postal address, social media handles. You can also add a live chat box for visitors to get quick responses to their quarries.
- Product and services page: give a brief about your product and services so that customers get an idea of what kind of services you provide.
- Testimonials: The best way to get people attracted to your brand is to include testimonials as they can persuade them to buy your products
- FAQ page: make sure to include this page so that visitors get quick answers to common questions and also you get an idea of what their needs and requirements are.
7.Make it accessible
While you design your website make sure it is accessible to everyone regardless of their ability. They should easily access your website and experience your services. This includes differently-abled people, hearing loss, and vision-impaired, and more. Making a website accessible is important to cater to everyone’s needs irrespective of differences.
There are several ways to enhance the user experience on your website for everyone. Ensure to build your website hierarchically, using precise headings to interpret the varying levels of information. Also, assure that your site is completely operated with a keypad, write text for your pictures, use title tags, and more.