Brand marketing is the process of establishing a relationship between the brand and the consumer. Brand marketing is more than just highlighting a single product or service. Instead, the business entity in its entirety is shown as the brand.
Brand marketing is the business’s approach to creating a brand name, designing, establishing creative communication, and performing marketing activities that differentiate your product from others.
Weak brand identity, poor design, below-par marketing, and inconsistent messaging can tarnish a brand’s image. Before you start planning your logo, take a step back and make a plan that will help in developing a robust brand.
A coherent brand marketing strategy will help you here.. Any nook and corner will have a marketing company, and they are a dime a dozen these days. If you are looking for a reliable and experienced brand marketing company in Hyderabad, we at TRD Studios can help. We will help you formulate a long-term strategy, the absence of which, will render your brand rudderless and without focus.
Let us look into some objectives of brand marketing and why a reliable brand marketing agency will help meet your long-term brand marketing goals.
Building a brand from the ground up can be challenging. Nevertheless, it is a crucial step on the path to your business’s success.
Clearly defined marketing objectives are intrinsic to any brand marketing strategy. Let’s go over the objectives that are advisable for companies to pay heed to in pursuit of a sound brand marketing strategy.
- Brand Awareness: Emphasizing brand awareness is essential to foster brand recall among your customers.
- Brand Loyalty: More than brand awareness, encouraging customers to stick with your brand is vital. Exhibiting the product’s values and unique aspects would be one way to retain customers.
- Brand Advocation: In the current scenario, where information on any product or service is available at a few keystrokes, it would be surprising to note that word-of-mouth recommendations can still sway a buying decision.
An excellent product that meets the consumer’s needs will ensure that word of your brand passes around, and that gives it more credibility.
- Brand Equity: Well-established brands that have worked on creating substantial brand equity have not only fostered strong brand recall and made their brands synonymous with that industry.
An example would be the Xerox brand, which had come to mean photocopy by default. This convinced Xerox to adopt measures that affected a change in its generic status quo and succeeded in emphasizing its unique identity.
- Brand Engagement: Working to increase brand engagement from your active users will help build a recognizable brand. Soliciting interactions for your brand via social media and swaying customer opinion with influencer assistance are some of the measures you can take in your endeavor to enhance your brand image.
Visual elements such as brand colors, packaging, and typography play an essential role in brand engagement.
A brand marketing strategy is a conventional approach you gravitate towards for promoting your brand and making it visible. A well-defined brand marketing strategy arrived at with the support of a reputed brand marketing company such as TRD Studios will assist you in effectively achieving tangible results.
There are varied strategies that could be employed for brand marketing based on criteria such as budget, target audience, marketing campaigns, etc. The most prevalent techniques are mentioned below:
How To Create A Brand Strategy?
You may start with the four pillars, the root of any effective strategy. They would be consumer, product category, your brand, and finally, the competition. Analyze and figure out a distinctive aspect that is a priority for the consumer but hasn’t been touched by the competitor yet. If you would instead pass on the responsibility, a brand marketing agency could do the job for you.
Classification of Brand Strategy
- Multi Brand Strategy: When a single business entity has many sub-brands, each distinctive from the parent brand. Each of these subsidiary brands would have its own name, identity, and target demographic.
- Product Line Extension: Inclusion of new products into an existing portfolio is known as product line extension. The latest products launched carry the same name as the existing brand. This could be
- Brand Extension: This is where the existing brand name is used to carry new or modified products in the same vein as the existing one. For example, a dairy company that launches with milk as a sole product may diversify into other milk-related products such as cheese, clarified butter, regular butter, cottage cheese, etc.
- Multi-brands Strategy: In a saturated market, a supplier of goods or services may deliberately launch brands in competition with his existing portfolio to soak up additional share in the crowded marketplace. The rationale behind this move is that having a portfolio of 4 or 5 individual brands will give an overall more significant share than having one major, albeit solid brand.
Cannibalization is a very real problem faced by proponents of a multi-brand strategy approach. Your current sales figures and bottom line, along with your competitor’s, could be collateral damage when choosing this approach.
- Private Labels: Also known as in-house brands, these brands came to the fore when the retailer himself had substantial brand equity and could compete with the more established players. An example would be a grocery store selling products such as rice and pulses sourced from regular suppliers as well as stocking its own in-house products.
If all this is overwhelming, do not fret. Reach out to a brand marketing company instead. They would be happy to help.
Before launching any marketing campaigns and developing a marketing strategy, these three critical questions should be asked:
Would your branding support your business strategy?
Every strategy needs to align itself with the brand and the business’s core values. If your strategy revolves around selling products to the price-conscious section of society, it will not augur well to cultivate an affluent persona for your brand.
Cognitive dissonance among your customers would be the result of a misaligned brand. Creating a convoluted brand image and identity will undermine your efforts to succeed. And a brand image that is undermining your business strategy needs to be considered as it is not the indication of a healthy brand. Dissonance can be avoided by using the services of a brand marketing company.
Will your brand identity be consistent?
Inconsistencies in brand identity would denote unreliability. It is a trait that would only drive customers away. A constantly changing brand identity makes it for customers to fathom what your brand is all about, making it hard to gain confidence and loyalty. Consistency is something that should be imbibed in any brand marketing strategy.
Is your brand design visually consistent?
Visual consistency will do a massive favor to the brand by helping build its recognition. Everything should be in sync across all media – the colors, visual styles, fonts used on the website, the business cards, and the social media channels.
If the design used for branding fails to present a cohesive identity, it will be hard for consumers to take you seriously, and you may end up losing consumer business.
When formulating brand marketing strategies, remember to follow these five rules.
- Always lead with your brand story. Make sure your story has an excellent emotional hook. Plenty of companies conjure up great products and services. The companies that stand out do so because they have more compelling stories to share.
- Being different among the plethora of businesses offering virtually the product or service can be challenging. The trick is to give the consumers something that they never knew they needed till they got to experience it. A classic example would be focussing on user experience by making it simple for them instead of going into a jargon-filled narrative on how and why their product is better.
Keeping it simple is always a great mantra to follow.
3. Does your brand identity resonate with your target audience?
Your brand identity may work perfectly in tandem while supporting your business strategies. But, if it doesn’t resonate with your audience, it isn’t doing its job.
Measuring your brand’s perception among the public will require analyzing fairly detailed metrics. Any competent brand marketing company could assist you in this regard.
Experts at our brand marketing company, TRD Studios, recommend tracking your impressions, internet search volume, and the performance of branded keywords.
The message you wish to pass on to your audience can be kept subliminal. All it needs to do is resonate with the audience you have in mind.
Signs That You Need To Hire A Brand Marketing Company:
- Your growth is bottlenecked: You attempt to create content, but your technical skills fall short. Creating content isn’t just about writing for users. You need to write with search engines in mind as well. In this situation, hiring a brand marketing company will take a load off your back.
- Results from your marketing efforts are lacking: A sign that your strategy isn’t working is if you see little or no results from your marketing efforts. Take a step back, consider its effectiveness, and hire a brand marketing agency if need be.
- Feelings of frustration creep in: It’s clearly time to hire a brand marketing company if there’s a constant feeling of being overwhelmed with the aspects concerned with promoting your business. Hiring a brand marketing company is a great way to ensure the sustained growth of your business.
When you focus on the customer-centric positioning of your product’s features, it will reflect tangible benefits for your business. This positioning can also guide your marketing strategy as it will give you an idea of your audience’s expectations.
A brand marketing strategy needs to be looked at every six months to a year. The trends in the market are constantly changing, thus requiring you to be fluid in terms of strategy and planning. Reworking your brand marketing will keep your brand relevant and customer-oriented. Breathing new life into any marketing plan is the forte of any brand marketing company. If you need to figure out your marketing plan, please reach out to us at TRD Studios.